With the New Year around the corner and many things to tied up pending we are here with some traditional recipes that you must try on the special day. As most of you have known, pork and sauerkraut are the highly consumed foods on the New Year’s Day considered they are traditional foods and are said to bring luck and prosperity. With that said, there are many recipes that can be prepared with the two items as the main ingredients. If you want to know the traditional recipe of this dish, we have it here for you. The Pork And Sauerkraut New Years Tradition Recipe is jotted down here for you so that you can check it and try it out at home on the coming New Year’s Day.
Pork and Sauerkraut Recipe
The traditional dish of pork and sauerkraut can be found in any of the restaurants and churches on the New Year’s Day, but if you insist on preparing at home with your own hands then we are with you. We have brought before you the traditional recipe of Pork and Sauerkraut that was echoed down from the ancestors. Before getting into the recipe, let us first know why pork and sauerkraut are eaten on the New Year’s Day.
As the pig roots forwards, eating pork on the New Year’s Day will bring good luck as per the tradition whereas, the finely chopped Sauerkraut resemble long life. So, these two are mandatorily consumed on the New Year’s Day. Now let us check the Pork And Sauerkraut Recipe.
This Pork and Sauerkraut recipe makes for 4 to 6 servings and takes around 5 hours to cook.
- 1 pound pork roast (cut into 1 inch cubes each)
- 1 jar sauerkraut with juice
- 1/2 can or bottle beer
- 1/2 apple, peeled and cored
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh dill weed
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Take a slow cooker and put all the ingredients into it.
- Mix everything well and place the cored apple under the items.
- Now switch on the flame and put it on high flame.
- Let all the ingredients cook for an hour and then reduce the flame to low.
- Now cook for 5 hours until the pork is perfectly cooked.
- If you are cooking for the first time wait until the pork is tender and soft.
- Switch off the flame and remove the apple.
- Let it cool and have a great serving.
This is the most popular New Year’s Day Pork Recipes cooked by many in their homes. You can give this tasty and healthy dish a try on the New Year’s Eve to get the luck as per the tradition and also health benefits in terms of scientific angle. If you like the recipe, do give us a big thumbs up and bookmark our website – NEWYEARWIKI.COM for more updates.